Latest News

Sharbat Gula

lunedì 20 febbraio 2012 , Posted by Giovanni at 12:06

Ciao a tutti,

I've started to paint this bust sculpted by Romain Van den Bogaert.

He has taken the inspiration from Sharbat Gula the famous Afghan girl photographed by Steve McCurry for National Geographic.

The sculpture is not a perfect portrait of the girl, but is close, I've manage to made few modifications, like hairs, the red cloth an the nose.


Not an easy piece to paint, so far only the face has been painted, and I've not finished yet, few touch ups need to be done.

Paint is still fresh hence the glossy on the lips and the difficulty of taking pictures...

For this reason I've taken a couple of shots with different light and camera settings.


As usual, let me have your comments.


Ciao


Giovanni




Currently have 0 commenti:

Leave a Reply

Posta un commento