Latest News

Paratrooper 82nd Airborne - WIP 2

sabato 12 marzo 2011 , Posted by Giovanni at 09:18

Ciao a tutti,

I'm keep on painting this magnificent bust, face, helmet, jacket, life jacket and Thompson are almost complete, each of these has few minor things to fix or paint.

I've used a new method to paint the wooden stock of the gun:

First I painted the stock with a basecoat of a reddish brown, then I did paint random stripes with 3 different colours (a light ochre, a mid brown and a very dark black/brown) over the basecoat.

Once all was dry I took the Burnt Sienna oil colour out of the tube and applied a thick layer; because the oils are transparent by nature, the acrylics base can be seen throug the oil colour !!

It took me 10-15 minutes to achieve this, I then added few marks in oils and once dry I will make the final adjustments.

Hope you like it.

Ciao

Giovanni

  


Currently have 0 commenti:

Leave a Reply

Posta un commento